Goodbye Oklahoma!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This is my final night in Oklahoma after being a temporary resident for the past 4+ months. Tomorrow morning (probably not as early as I left Atlanta) I will head east again, although I will only make a little more than half the journey that I made to come out here. Friday morning I will get up bright and early to report for my first day of work at the Memphis Air Route Traffic Control Center.

My last few days at the Academy were very laid back. For once, everyone was running radar problems very relaxed and most of the talk revolved around home or for those of us moving, what our plans were to try to return to somewhat of a normal existence again. I'll actually be somewhat homeless, I'll be sleeping on an air mattress at Mitch's condo until my wife and I can move into the house that we hope to rent a week after I arrive.

I've got a whole host of pictures and stories to tell about my last month at the Academy, I kept meaning to post them but got distracted with everything leading up to the PV. Hopefully training at the Center won't have me so occupied that I can't find a few spare minutes to fill in some of the gaps on my blog.


0 comments:

The Flying Bear. 2008 One Winged Angel.Bloggerized by : GosuBlogger